Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar, popularly also known as Babasaheb Ambedkar, is the most celebrated senior leader in India, Bhim Jayanti is celebrated every year on April 14th to mark the birth anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar. He was born on 14th April 1891.
Babasaheb Ambedkar is as well known as the architect of the Indian Constitution, He was a well-known senior national leader who fought for the rights of the Dalits and other socially backward classes people.
2021 is the 130th Birth anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar and on this occasion, the government decided to celebrate the year in a big way. Prime minister Mr. Narendra Modi has announced to celebrate this year as Tika Day from 11th April till 14th April due to the Covid19 pandemic and urged all youth of the nation to Go and get vaccinated in a mass way. and use the mask to stay safe from the Coronavirus.
Usually, This day is celebrated to promote Constitution values among citizens. In order to mark this day let us remember him for his own words.
He is also an inspiration for many Indian youths, Here are 21 inspiring quotes by Babasaheb Ambedkar.
- “Life should be great rather than long”.
- “If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it.”
- “They cannot make history who forget history”.
- “Be Educated, Be Organised and Be Agitated”
- “I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality, and fraternity”
- “Indifferentism is the worst kind of disease that can affect people.”
- “Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence”.
- “The sovereignty of scriptures of all religions must come to an end if we want to have a united integrated modern India.”
- “If you believe in living a respectable life, you believe in self-help which is the best help”.
- “We must stand on our own feet and fight as best as we can for our rights. So carry on your agitation and organize your forces. Power and prestige will come to you through struggle”
- “The history of India is nothing but a history of a mortal conflict between Buddhism and Brahminism”.
- “I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved.”
- “Men are mortal. So are ideas. An idea needs propagation as much as a plant needs watering. Otherwise, both will wither and die.”
- “Every man who repeats the dogma of Mill that one country is no fit to rule another country must admit that one class is not fit to rule another class.”
- “The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends.”
- “Political tyranny is nothing compared to the social tyranny and a reformer who defies society is a more courageous man than a politician who defies Government.”
- “A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be the servant of the society.”
- “Law and order are the medicine of the body politic and when the body politic gets sick, medicine must be administered.”
- “Constitutional morality is not a natural sentiment. It has to be cultivated. We must realize that our people have yet to learn it. Democracy in India is only a top-dressing on an Indian soil which is essentially undemocratic.”
- “History shows that where ethics and economics come in conflict, victory is always with economics. Vested interests have never been known to have willingly divested themselves unless there was sufficient force to compel them.”
- “An ideal society should be mobile, should be full of channels for conveying a change taking place in one part to other parts. In an ideal society, there should be many interests consciously communicated and shared.”