The historical records of Modern India might be incomplete without the point out of 1 intelligent visionary man who’s has been known as the architect of Modern India. Yes, We are talking about the Iron Man Of India – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
A nationalist, freedom fighter, and statesman, Sardar Patel is credited to weave the unfastened coalition of 565 princely states after India’s independence to create an incorporated Indian Union as it is known today. A founder of the Republic of Bharat, Sardar Patel was the first Home Minister of Independent India guiding it via the difficult days of partition and the brand new sunrise of independence.
On the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on 31st October 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the “Statue of Unity” in Narmada district of Gujarat(India). and his birthday is being observed as National Unity Day.
Powerful Quotes by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- “It is my nature to be a friend of the friendless”.
- “In domestic government, unity and co-operation are essential requisites”.
- “There is something unique in this soil, which despite many obstacles has always remained the abode of great souls.”
- “Work is undoubtedly worship but laughter is life. Anyone who takes life too seriously must prepare himself for a miserable existence. Anyone who greets joys and sorrows with equal facility can really get the best of life.”
- “The negligence of a few could easily send a ship to the bottom, but if it has the whole-hearted cooperation of all on board it can be safely brought to port.”
- “Non-violence has to be observed in thought, word, and deed. The measure of our non-violence will be the measure of our success.”
- “A war based on Satyagraha is always of two kinds. One is the war we wage against injustice, and the other we fight our own weaknesses.”
- “Every Indian should now forget that he is a Rajput, a Sikh, or a Jat. He must remember that he is an Indian and he has every right in his country but with certain duties.”
- “Faith is of no avail in absence of strength. Faith and strength, both are essential to accomplish any great work.”
- “Take to the path of dharma – the path of truth and justice. Don’t misuse your valour. Remain united. March forward in all humility, but fully awake to the situation you face, demanding your rights and firmness.”
- “Little pools of water tend to become stagnant and useless, but if they are joined together to form a big lake the atmosphere is cooled and there is universal benefit.”
- “My only desire is that India should be a god producer and no one should be hungry, shedding tears for food in the country.”
- “Manpower without unity is not a strength unless it is harmonized and united properly, then it becomes a spiritual power.”
- “Caste, Community will rapidly disappear. We have to speedily forget all these things. Such boundaries hamper our growth”.
- “By common endeavor, we can raise the country to a new greatness, while a lack of unity will expose us to fresh calamities”.
- “We have to shed mutual bickering, shed the difference of being high or low, develop a sense of equality, and banish untouchability. We have to restore the conditions of Swaraj prevalent prior to British rule and live like children of the same father”.
- “No distinctions of caste and creed should hamper us. All are the sons and daughters of India. We should all love our country and build our destiny on mutual love and help”.
- “Today we must remove distinctions of high and low, rich and poor, caste and creed”.
- “Satyagraha is not a creed for the weak or the cowardly”.
- “It is only so long as a man can retain the child in him that life can be free from those dark shadows which leave inevitable furrows on a man’s forehead”.
- “Even if we lose the wealth of thousands, and our life is sacrificed, we should keep smiling and be cheerful keeping our faith in God and Truth”.
- “The main task before India today is to consolidate herself into a well-knit and united power”.
- “Tell Churchill to save England first before saving India”.