Happy mother’s day! It’s almost that time of year (9th May) again where you are forced to buy a present under the pretense of “appreciation”. Or could be considered a marketing tactic by forcing you to spend your money on someone else – your mother. Have no fear,
You may be looking for some best quotes of mother’s day or quotes of Mother’s day to send to your friends and family members. here we have shared some really cute, funny & good collection of quotes of mother’s day. Let her know how much you appreciate her Wish her a happy mother’s day
History of Mothers Day
Celebrations of mothers & motherhood could be traced back to the ancient Greeks & Romans, who started celebrating this festival in great honor of the mother goddesses Rhea & Cybele, but the clearest modern precedent for Mother’s Day is the early Christian festival known as “Mothering Sunday.”
It was Once a major tradition in the United Kingdom & some parts of Europe, this celebration fell on the fourth Sunday in Lent & was originally seen as a time when the faithful could be returned to their “mother church”—the main church in the vicinity of their near home—for a special service.
Over time the Mothering Sunday tradition shifted into a more secular and changed holiday, and children started gifting their mothers with flowers and some other kind of appreciation. This custom eventually got popularity before merging with American Mother’s Day in the 1930s and 1940s.
Significance of Mother’s Day
Mother’s day is a good way to make your mother feel great and every child should make sure to appreciate your mother, let your mother know how much you love her and even I would say that every day is mother’s day and we are lucky to have a mother.
Sweet Mother’s Day Quotes
- “Motherhood changes everything.” – By Adriana Trigiani
- “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.” – By Ricki Lake
- “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” – By Mahatma Gandhi
- “A child’s first teacher is its mother.” – By Peng Liyuan
- “Happiness is seeing your mother smile.” – Unknown
- “I do what I want when I want, where I want…if my mom says it’s ok.” – Unknown
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” – Milton Berle
- “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” – By Erich Fromm
- “For when a child is born the mother also is born again.”- By Gilbert Parker
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” – by William Makepeace Thackeray
- “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heart throb.” – By Leroy Brownlow
- “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” – Charley Benetto
- “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.”- By Susan Gale
- “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” – James E. Faust
- “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” – Lisa Leslie
- “I’ve got her spirit/She’s always got my back/When I look at her/I think, I want to be just like that.” – By Lauren Alaina
- “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” – By Elder M. Russell Ballar
- “There ought to be a hall of fame for mamas/Creation’s most unique and precious pearls/And heaven help us always to remember/That the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.” – By Glen Campbell and Steve Wariner
- “The biggest adjustment is I just didn’t know there was that much room in a house for that much joy. I have to say it—I didn’t know I could feel like this but I am tired, I am so happy!” – By Hoda Kotb
- “I realized why I was born and more than anything all of the things I want to pass onto my child, and the best way of doing that is not by preaching or telling her but showing her by example.”- By Beyonce
- “My mother is so full of joy and life. I am her child. And that is better than being the child of anyone else in the world.” – By Maya Angelou
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.”- By Maya Angelou
- “That strong mother doesn’t tell her cub, ‘Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you.’ She says, ‘Toughen up, this is the reality we are living in.’”- By Lauryn Hill
- “Personally, I’ve always known that I wanted to go back to work because I’m confident, and I’m certain that my daughter will have a better mother in me if I’m doing the things that I’m excited about and that I’m passionate about.”- By Lisa Ling
- “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” – By Abraham Lincoln
- “My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” – By Jodi Picoult
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.” – Gilda Radner
- “Once you’re a mom, you’re always a mom. It’s like riding a bike, you never forget.”- By Taraji P. Henson
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity.” – Agatha Christie
- “Having kids—the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings—is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” – By Maria Shriver
- “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – By Honoré de Balzac
- “When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ It is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.” – By Erma Bombeck
- “The most beautiful word on the lips of mankind is the word ‘Mother’, and the most beautiful call is the call of ‘My Mother’.” – By Kahlil Gibran
Some Hilarious Quotes about Mother’s Day
- Mom, I love you, even though I will never accept ur friend request.
- No one told me I would be coming home in diapers, too.
- I always say if you aren’t yelling at your kids, you’re not spending enough time with them.
- Thank you for not telling my sisters that I’m your favorite.
- A mother is a person you can always call to see how long chicken lasts in the fridge.
- Dear mom, thank you for keeping all the bad stuff I did from dad.
- Motherhood. it takes patience, humor, and a lot of wet towelettes.
- She taught me that fear is not an option.
- Every day I wake up and think: how on earth did I become this much like my mother?
- Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out.
- It’s not easy being a mom. if it were easy, fathers would do it.
- If at first, you don’t succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to do it from the start.
- The majority of my diet is made up of foods that my kids didn’t finish.
- Why don’t kids understand that their nap is not for them but for us?
- My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but i think she enjoyed it.
- If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?
- My mother’s menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.