National Martyrs Day(Rashtriya Van Shahid Diwas) is celebrated in memory of those who sacrificed their lives to protect nature, especially in the most remote parts of the country.
Each year, September 11 is celebrated in India as National Forest Martyrs Day in memory of those who gave their lives to protect our nature. This date was officially announced in 2013 by the Ministry of Forestry. Environment and forest, since then indigenous peoples people celebrate this day and pay tribute to the memory of the martyrs while protecting natural resources.
History of National Forest Martyrs Day 2021
The history of this date dates back to 1730 when Maharaja Abhay Singh ruled Rajasthan, who ordered the cutting down of the Hejarli trees, a decision not accepted by the people of the Bishnoi community who believed in the Trees. forest and began the process of cutting down trees, a brave woman named Amrita Devi came up and confronted him. Amrita Devi asked to cut off the head instead of the trees. Maharaj beheaded Amrita Devi and her three daughters, who had encountered their mother. At that time, 365 Bishnua gave their lives along with Amrita and her three daughters.
Since cutting or wounding trees, especially Khejri, was a violation of Bishnoi’s law, Amrita Devi protested against these people, but this did not stop them. He then hugs the tree and states that even if he sacrificed his life to save even one tree, it would be a shame. good deal.
When this news reached the Maharaja, he immediately ordered them to stop cutting and apologized for the actions of his ministers, also thanked the Bishnoi community for their courage and issued a decree banning the felling of trees, Khejari, and hunting animals. in the village of Bishnoi and its environs. This terrible incident became known as the “Massacre of Hejarli” on September 11, 1730, on the 10th day of the two light weeks of the month of Bhadrapad (Hindu calendar).
Quotes for National Forest Martyrs Day 2021
- Gold is a luxury. Trees are necessities. Man can live and thrive without gold, but we cannot survive without trees. – Paul Bamikole
- The forest is not a resource for us, it is life itself. It is the only place for us to live. – Evaristo Nugkuag
- The woods seemed all answer and healing and more than enough to live for. – Josephine Winslow Johnson
- It is said that the forest has a certain limit if you look straight ahead, but the sides are boundless. – Riccardo Bozzi
- The forests are the lungs of the world. – Woody Harrelson
- Dreams appear as seeds that when planted, must become a forest reserve. – Israelmore Ayivor
- Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.- Gary Snyder
- In all things of nature there is something of the marvellous. – Aristotle
- The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. – Robert Frost
WhatsApp Messages for National Forest Martyrs Day 2021
- “The forest is not a resource for us, it is life itself. It is the only place for us to live.”
- “Deep down, at the molecular heart of life, the trees, and we are essentially identical.”
- “Take care of the trees, they will take care of you.”
- “If you cut a tree, you kill a life. If you save a tree, you save a life. If you plant a tree, you plant a life.”
- “In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous.”
- The woods seemed all answer and healing and more than enough to live for.
How to celebrate National Forest Martyrs Day 2021 ?
- Plant a tress,
- Salute and pay tribute to the martyrs,
- Raise awareness about the importance of forest and wildlife, and
- Organize events like painting, poster designing, slogan writing etc., to raise awareness among the youth.