Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose was an Indian nationalist & a well-known patriot who fought against British rule. He founded the very first Indian armed force – Azad Hind Fauj.
Even many people are not familiar with Bose’s historic journey & achievements, he gave us the famous slogans – ‘Tum mujhe khoon do, main tumhe aazdi dunga’, and ‘Jai Hind’ which fills the strong feeling of patriotism in all of us.
India is celebrating the 126th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose (23 January 1897 – 18 August 1945) on 23rd January 2022, Bose is remembered as one of the most loved Indian freedom fighters. To commemorate Netaji Bose’s contributions & dedication to India, the Government announced that his birth anniversary will be celebrated as Parakram Diwas (day of valour).
10 Facts about Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- Bose was born in Cuttack, Bengal Province.
- Subhash Chandra Bose was expelled from college.
- He became fascinated by teachings of Swami Vivekananda.
- Netaji became AIYC chief in 1923.
- Netaji ranked second in the matriculation examination and fourth in the Indian Civil Services (ICS) examination.
- He quit his high-paying ICS job and came back to India from England in 1921 to join India’s struggle for independence
- Bose was jailed 11 times during his fight for freedom.
- Bose started the newspaper ‘Swaraj’.
- Netaji wanted women to enlist in INA.
- Bose died from third-degree burns in plane crash in 1945.
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Quotes
“Freedom is not given – it is taken”
“Give me blood and I will give you freedom!”
“No real change in history has been achieved by discussion.”
“We cannot sit still because we cannot, or do not, know the Absolute Truth”
“Life loses half its interest if there is no struggle-if there are no risks to be taken.”
“The secret of political bargaining is to look more strong than what you really are”
“It is blood alone that can pay the price of freedom. Give me blood and I will give you freedom!”
“One individual may die for an idea, but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives.”
“Soldiers who always remain faithful to their nation, who are always prepared to sacrifice their lives, are invincible.”
“When we stand, the Azad Hind Fauj has to be like a wall of granite; when we march, the Azad Hind Fauj has to be like a steamroller.”
“Forget not that the grossest crime is to compromise with injustice and wrong. Remember the eternal law: you must give if you want to get.”
“Men, money, and materials cannot by themselves bring victory or freedom. We must have the motive-power that will inspire us to brave deeds and heroic exploits.”
“Reality is, after all, too big for our frail understanding to fully comprehend. Nevertheless, we have to build our life on the theory which contains the maximum truth.”
“I have no doubt in my mind that our chief national problems relating to the eradication of poverty, illiteracy, and disease and the scientific production and distribution can be tackled only along socialistic lines.”
“India is calling. Blood is calling to blood. Get up, we have no time to lose. Take up your arms! we shall carve our way through the enemy’s ranks, or if God wills, we shall die a martyr’s death. And in our last sleep, we shall kiss the road that will bring our Army to Delhi.”
Best Slogans By Subhas Chandra Bose (in Hindi)
1.”मुझे यह नहीं मालूम कि स्वतंत्रता के इस युद्ध में हम में से कौन -कौन जीवित बचेंगे, परंतु मैं यह जानता हूं कि अंत में विजय हमारी ही होगी।”
2.”आज हमारे अंदर बस एक ही इच्छा होनी चाहिए, मरने की इच्छा ताकि भारत जी सके; एक शहीद की मौत मरने की इच्छा ताकि स्वतंत्रता का मार्ग शहीदों के खून से प्रशस्त हो सके।”
3.”राष्ट्रवाद मानव जाति के उच्चतम आदर्श सत्य, शिव और सुन्दर से प्रेरित है।”
4.”ये हमारा कर्तव्य है कि हम अपनी स्वतंत्रता का मोल अपने खून से चुकाएं। हमें अपने बलिदान और परिश्रम से जो आज़ादी मिलेगी, हमारे अंदर उसकी रक्षा करने की ताकत होनी चाहिए।”
5.”जीवन में प्रगति का आशय यह है कि शंका संदेह उठते रहें और उनके समाधान के प्रयास का क्रम चलता रहे।”
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose: Wishes for Your Family & Friends
- Wishing everyone on the occasion of Subhash Chandra Bose Jayanti. Today we are here because he was there to fight for us.
- Let us salute the iconic freedom fighter who showed great courage to bring freedom to India
- Let’s work towards the betterment of our country daily. Warm wishes on Subhash Chandra Bose Jayanti.