Millions of lives are saved with reliable blood and blood products and their exchange. In addition, it is a significant necessity during emergency times. Each year, World Blood Donor Day is observed on June 14 to boost awareness of the requirement for safe blood and blood products as a lifesaving donation.
Through this Covid-19 time, most lives require blood donors to improve their health and quality of life. Therefore, access to blood plays an essential part for those who need it.
Despite this epidemic, donors in several countries have donated blood and plasma to victims who require a transfusion.
This remarkable work has highlighted an important role of well-organized, voluntary, committed, non-remunerated blood donors in ensuring a secure and adequate blood supply during regular and emergency times.
History of World Blood Donor Day 2021
World Blood Donor Day, on June 14, is celebrated each year on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Karl Landsteiner, a scientist who won the Nobel Prize for his invention of the ABO blood group system.
World Blood Donor Day offers a precious opportunity to every donor to celebrate and remember the birth anniversary of Karl Landsteiner.
In May 2005, WHO, with its 192 member states, declared Blood Donor Day at the 58th World Health Assembly. WHO established the day to motivate all nations to thank blood donors for their valuable steps and save people’s lives.
Quotes for World Blood Donor Day 2021
- A contribution of blood means some minutes to you but life for someone.
- Don’t allow mosquitoes or fools to suck your blood. Place it to good use.
- The contribution of blood creates the difference between life and death.
- Your blood donation can provide an extravagant smile to someone’s face.
- Donate blood and be the reason for the smile on multiple profiles.
- Donation of blood will cost you zero, but it will save a life!
- Your blood is high-priced: Donate, protect life and make it Divine.
- Never feel weak. You can save a life. Just donate blood.
- You need neither extra energy nor extra food to supply blood, and you will save a life.
- Donate your blood for a purpose. Let the reason be life.
The slogan for World Blood Donor Day 2021
This year’s World Blood Donor Day slogan will be “Donate blood and keep the world-beating”. The message carries the vital contribution of blood donors to save lives.
World Blood Donor Day 2021 objective
The goal of this 2021’s campaign on World Blood Donor Day aims:
- to thank blood donors around the planet and make public awareness for the needy for natural, unpaid blood donation;
- to offer help to support the community values of blood donation in improving community solidarity and social coherence;
- to inspire youth to adopt the humanitarian call to donate blood and motivate others to do the same;
- to honour the potential of young bodies as allies in promoting health.
- to promote the acceptance of the Club 25 program in several countries to encourage a commitment to regular, deliberate blood donation by young lives at low risk of transmitting disease through their blood.
Host for World Blood Donor Day 2021
The worldwide celebration will take place in Rome on June 14, 2021. The host for 2021’s World Blood Donor Day is Italy into its National Blood Centre.
- People with O+ blood are regarded as universal donors.
- People with kind AB ve blood are supposed to be a universal recipient.
- A donor must make sure that his/her age is within 18-65 years and weight is a minimum of 45 kgs.