World Teachers Day is celebrated annually on October 5 to recognize the responsibilities & rights of teachers & educators around the world. Without a doubt, teachers are great Mentor, friends, and philosophers who guide us through the difficulties of life and how to come out from those situations. support, recognize and celebrate educators worldwide.
World Teachers Day: Date and history
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) declared 5th October to be World Teachers Day in 1994 and for the reason that then, this day is well-known on October five worldwide. This day commemorates the anniversary of the adoption of the 1966 ILO UNESCO Recommendation regarding the Status of Teachers. Interestingly, it turned into followed in a unique intergovernmental convention convened via way of means of UNESCO in collaboration with the ILO, in Paris.
According to the official internet site of UNESCO, “This proposal sets forth the rights and duties of Teachers and Educators in addition to worldwide requirements for his or her preliminary instruction and similarly education, recruitment, employment, coaching and studying conditions.” Historically, the UNESCO General Conference even followed the UNESCO Recommendation regarding the Status of Higher-Education Teaching Personnel in 1997, following this adoption.
World Teachers Day: Significance
World Teachers Day position for appreciating, assessing, and enhancing the circumstance of educators throughout the world. Also, nowadays this day is looked like a possibility to address and deals with problems associated with instructors and coaches. To have a good time on World Teachers Day, the UNESCO and Education International (EI) holds a marketing campaign every year which targets special topics to offer better understanding for teachers and instructors and their careers as they play an essential function in the improvement of students and society.
The historical recommendation addresses the policy of education, recruitment, initial training, and the issue of teachers’ training. This day focuses mainly on their employment and working conditions, which are sometimes neglected or missed by society and organizations. These guidelines elevate the status of teachers in the interest of quality education.
World Teachers Day: Facts
In India, the share of female teachers decreases with distance from schools, from 60% when the school is located at the seat of local government to 30% when it is 30 km away.
More Teachers are required in displacement settings. If all refugees enrolled, Turkey would want 80,000 extra Teachers, Germany would want 42,000 instructors and educators, and Uganda would want 7,000 extra Teachers. Yet refugee Teachers are regularly excluded from countrywide schooling applications due to expert rules on proper to work.
Around 94% of teachers are in pre-primary education, but only about half of those are available in upper secondary education, are female.
The proportion of women among primary school teachers in low-income countries is 41%, which seems to be just half that in high-income countries which is 82%.
In low-income countries, the Women’s availability percentage is just 23% in secondary schools.
At the tertiary level, Women teachers are only 19% in low-income countries and about 46% or less in the other income groups countries.
How to Celebrate World teachers Day
- Surprise your teacher with a gift
- Make teachers feel special
- Give teachers the royal treatment
World Teachers Day Quotes
- “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” – Mark Van Doren
- “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – William Butler Yeats
- “You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.” – Josef Albers
- “Wherever you find something extraordinary, you’ll find the fingerprints of a great teacher.” –Arne Duncan
- “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “They inspire you, they entertain you, and you end up learning a ton even when you don’t know it.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards.” – Anatole France
- “Teach love, generosity, good manners and some of that will drift from the classroom to the home and who knows, the children will be educating the parents.” –Roger Moore
- “Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the Earth.” —Helen Caldicott, Physician and Author
- “The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence. He inspires self-trust. He guides their eyes from himself to the spirit that quickens him. He will have no disciples.” –Amos Bronson Alcott
- “If a country is to be corruption-free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother, and the teacher.” – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- “There’s no word in the language I revere more than teacher. My heart sings when a kid refers to me as his teacher, and it always has. I’ve honored myself and the entire family of man by becoming a teacher.” —Pat Conroy, Author
World Teachers Day Wishes and WhatsApp Messages
Your teachings will always be etched in my mind. Happy World Teachers’ Day!
A teacher is like a candle who spend their whole life-giving lights to many students, Happy World Teachers’ Day!
A teacher is most important for any country as only he/she can give a nice citizen in future. Happy World Teachers’ Day!
Teachers are: talented, elegant, admirable, cherished, honorable, efficient, and responsible, Happy World Teachers’ Day!
Thank you for being my guide and teaching me life lessons. Happy World Teachers’ Day to all my teachers!
Good teachers build knowledge, great teachers build character. Sending you my heartfelt wishes on this World Teachers’ Day!
Without you, I would have been lost. Thank you, my dear teachers, for guiding and inspiring me. Happy World Teachers’ Day!
On this special day, I just wanted to let you know that you are one of the best teachers I have had. Thank you for making me a better person.
The best teachers in the world don’t give you answers to your questions. Instead, they spark within you a desire to find the answers yourself. Happy World Teachers’ Day!
A good teacher is one who can inspire hope, ignite imagination and instill a love of learning. Thank you for being a brilliant teacher. Here’s wishing you a happy World Teachers’ Day!